FirstCheck+ is the first PID multi-gas to combine volatile organic compounds (VOCs) and toxic gas detection with traditional mult-igas sensors for oxygen, hydrogen sulphide, carbon monoxide and explosive gases. Its unique patented Fence Electrode Technology incorporates a three-electrode format ensuring proven resistance to humidity and contamination, giving optimal user performance in the form of accuracy and repeatability in the field. It has an inert flow path where the sample enters the PID first, then the multi-gas module then exits via the pump.
This construction gives a true response from all the sensorswithout any losses, due to absorption or even speed of response. Additionally no software damping or filtering or auto zeroing is used, giving the user full confidence that what the sensor sees is what the user sees too.
- First response
- Confined space entry
- Leak detection
- Fugitive emissions
- Rapid response and recovery for fast detection
- Detects VOCs from 1 ppb – 10,000 ppm
- Capable of detecting VOCs at very low ppb toxic thresholds, FirstCheck+ 5000 can accurately detect VOCs from 1 ppb up to 10,000 ppm with additional sensors for O2, CO, H2S and LEL detection.
- The instrument’s high sensitivity and inert flow path enables the detection of many gases that are toxic at low ppb levels and undetectable by other VOC multi-gas detectors.
- Intrinsically safe for use in flammable areas
- Health & Safety mode for STEL and TWA
- Large numerical back-lit display for easy viewing
- Ideal for use in confined spaces, the large number readings give easy viewing. When set to ‘rotate’ each sensor measurement can be viewed in turn.
- Choice of readouts – numeric or real-time graph
- Traceability - automatic, continuous data logging
- The enhanced 8Mb memory capacity of FirstCheck+ (2000+, 3000+ and 5000+) allows for continuous data logging of all five sensors ensuring traceable results. Readings from each sensor are logged every second with the ability to store over 130,000 individual readings. The unique memory saving feature only logs a value if the detector senses a changes in the detected level of gas.
- Universal graphical interface and icon menu
- Free from translation difficulties and language barriers, FirstCheck+ incorporates a unique graphical interface and icon driven menu for use within global markets.
- Swift, simple data download via IRDA link
- Stored data can be viewed on-screen for an instant overview of results, or easily downloaded to a PC via an IRDA link using Ion PC software for detailed analysis.
- Fully interactive, easy-to-use Ion PC software for download, analysis and programmable features
- Upgradeable throughout the FirstCheck+ range
- A highly flexible instrument, FirstCheck+ is available in a number of upgradeable versions from the basic, low-cost 1000+, through to the sophisticated 5000+ with advanced features and extended detection range.
MODELS (UPGRADEABLE FROM FirstCheck+ 1000)
Intrinsically safe with a detection range of 0.1 – 4,000 ppm, the 1000Ex has user set single point alarms and gas table of over 450 gases (including their unique response factors.)
With added data logging capability, the 2000Ex allows storage of over 37 hours of data logged readings taken every second (over 130,000 individual readings!) 2000Ex has a date and time stamp for download to a PC via an IRDA link for detailed analysis.
In addition to the features of the 2000Ex, FirstCheck+ 3000Ex has an extended detection range of 0.1 to 10,000 ppm, and additional operating mode for health and safety monitoring with pre-programmed STEL and TWA values.
The most sophisticated PID, the 5000Ex provides full features and a dynamic detection range of 1 ppb to 10,000 ppm. Dangerous toxic gases can be detected at low ppb levels where hazardous to health, as well as flammable gases at LEL thresholds. Ideal for the First Responder, the sensitivity of the 5000Ex is a potential life saving instrument in the most hazardous environments. Its inert flow path ensures optimal response to heavy and reactive chemicals not detected by other units, such as MDI, Mustard and Tabun.
|For details of each sensor, its range and response time please see the FirstCheck+ Sensor Specification table.
| Intrinsically Safe Approvals
||II 2 G Baseefa 03ATEX0742
EEx ia II T4 (-20°C = Ta = 60°C)
IECEx BAS 04.0033 (world standard)
||± 5% displayed reading at calibration point
| Data Logging
|Automatically recording all 5 sensors every second including date and time stamp
8 Mb (expandable) data memory
Incorporates a secure storage algorithm to reduce stored data corruption
||Via calibration kit accessory
||Dry Cell: Alkaline 4 x AA – 11 hours
||Flashing LED and 90 dBA (10cm) audible sounder
User set and TWA & STEL
Pre-programmed 450+ gases and gas mixtures
| Flow Rate
|220 ml/min or 220 cc/min with flow fail alarm
||Operating: -20 to 60°C, -4 to 140°F
Humidity: 0-99% RH (non condensing)
||Instrument without probe 340 x 60 x 49 mm (13.5 x 2.3 x 1.9”)
Standard case 420 x 320 x 97 mm (16.5 x 12.5 x 3.8”)
||Instrument: 0.615 kg (1.36 lb)
Packed: 3.045 kg (6.7 lb)
FIRSTCHECK+ SENSOR SPECIFICATIONS
|PID (VOC detector)
Ion Science photoionisation
cell fitted with Fence Electrode
10.6 eV Krypton PID Lamp
supplied as standard (others
available - contact us for
|FirstCheck+ 1000 & 2000
0.1 to 4000 ppm
FirstCheck+ 3000 & 5000
0.1 to 10,000 ppm
|T90 < 1 seconds
|Oxygen, O2 – Electrochemical sensor
||0 to 28%
||T90 < 15 seconds
|Carbon monoxide, CO –
|1 to 1000ppm
||T90 < 15 seconds
|Hydrogen sulphide, H2S –
|0.1 to 100 ppm
||T90 < 20 seconds
|Lower Explosive Level LEL
- Catalytic (Pellistor) sensor
|0 to 100% LEL
||T90 < 15 seconds